Sometimes I wonder why I put myself so far out there for people. I give my support, and advice, and share such personal pieces of my soul with people often knowing that they may not care to, know how to, or even be able to do the same in return. Sometimes I feel like I am spread so thin trying to be there for everyone that matters to me, through everything that matters to them. But I always remember why it is important to me, and every once in a while, I remember why I will never change: because I can handle it. I am strong enough to take on whatever the world throws at me because I am resolute in my beliefs and absolutely confident in my ability to reason through situations and emotions I've never dealt with.
It is easy to fall into the trap of thinking that constantly giving away little pieces of myself will leave me with nothing, or at least it would be, if I wasn't always immediately reminded of how much the world gives back without even knowing it. I know how to take care of myself; I am an expert at patching holes when I need to, but its also important to remember that change and growth are constant forces and nearly unstoppable. So what if holding someone up wears me out today, there is always an opportunity to recover in whatever shape that may take; if nature doesn't offer up some unexpected relief, some soft shaded spot to catch me and let me rest, I can use that falling momentum to my benefit; just let my one foot catch me, and then the other, and soon I'm running. Its a give and take. I will always give the world all I have, all I ask for in return is the freedom to take care of myself as I please.
give love
take care

No comments:
Post a Comment